Most API methods require all or some of the following parameters:
- isv_id: This can be found in the Info area of SLASCONE.
- product_id: This can be found in the Products area of SLASCONE. Select your product and click on the Copy Key icon.
- client_id: Each to be licensed client, needs to generate a unique device id.
- license_key: This is the license key generated from SLASCONE. It consists of n tokens. A license key can be used/activated n times.
- token_key: A license consists of n tokens. A token key can be used/activated only once (one client).
These are the fundamental functions you need to integrate in your software. You need to provide an area in your software in which the end user can
- enter the provided license code (ACTIVATION)
- update/sync the license (HEARTBEAT)
Make sure that your environment has at least 1 license, in order to be able to test these functions.
The licensing lifecycle begins with the activation of a device. In most cases, you need to provide an area in your software, in which the end user can enter the provided license code. Upon entering the license code, your software should call this method.
SLASCONE provides 2 types of license keys:
- License key: when you create 1 license with n tokens, SLASCONE generates 1 license key and n token keys. The license key can be used n times for activation.
- Token key: a token key can be used only once for activation.
The activation might fail for several reasons:
- The license is not active (inactive or expired).
- The license key is already activated on a different client (to prevent license piracy).
- The license has not any available tokens left (all tokens are already assigned).
In case you activate an already activated client with a new license, the old license becomes automatically available again.
After activating a client, you need to make sure that your software periodically communicates with SLASCONE in order to sync the license data. The response body of the heartbeat method is very similar to the one of the license activation.
Beyond licensing purposes, when calling the heartbeat method your software needs to send its software version and operating system. This data is used in the Analytics area of SLASCONE.
The license activation or heartbeat might fail for a number of reasons. SLASCONE provides a comprehensive error handling framework.
- API FUNDAMENTALS
- INSTALLATION PREREQUISITES
- CODE EXAMPLES
- COMPONENTS & SIZING
- CORE API
- CREATING A PRODUCT
- CUSTOM TYPES
- CUSTOMER (LICENSEE) PORTAL
- ERROR CODES
- COMPLIANCE AND FRAUD DETECTION
- GENERATING A UNIQUE DEVICEID
- GETTING STARTED
- IMPORTING DATA FROM YOUR ERP/CRM
- MASTER TEMPLATES (EDITIONS)
- MIGRATING FROM API v1.x TO v2.x
- PRODUCT ANALYTICS
- ROLES AND USER ADMINISTRATION
- UNDERSTANDING SLASCONE
- URL LINKS